This article is also available in: Italian
The sweet taste of pumpkin combined with a creamy Parmesan fondue. A must-try winter recipe that features pumpkin and Parmesan cheese in a delicious combination. Given its practicality, it is an excellent solution for a dinner with your friends.
INGREDIENTS FOR 15 ramekins
PREPARATION TIME 20 minutes
Pumpkin savoury pie
• 400g pumpkin, baked
• 100g ricotta cheese
• 100g egg yolks (whites are whipped)
• 40g all-purpose flour
• 500ml milk
• 20g flour
• 20g butter
• Parmesan cheese, as needed
• Separate egg yolks from the whites. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently stir in 40g of flour that will strengthen the pumpkin pie.
• Place the baked pumpkin flesh in a food processor and mix with ricotta cheese, egg yolks, a bit of extra virgin olive oil, until creamy. Season with salt and pepper. Use a spatula to fold in the white eggs with a lifting motion, being careful not to break up the mixture.
• Transfer to aluminum ramekins with a scoop. Bake at 180°C for 10 minutes.
• Cheese fondue
• Put milk into a small pan and bring to the boil. Melt butter in another pan, stir in flour and pour into the boiling milk to make a liquid béchamel. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese with a hand blender. Season with salt and pepper and, if you like it, add some nutmeg.
• Pour the cheese fondue on the plate. Place the pumpkin pie in centre and garnish with some pumpkin chips.