This article is also available in: Italian
The peculiarity of this dish is given by the red wine, full-bodied and still, that makes risotto very velvety in perfect contrast with the rich and fat texture of the sausage.
PREPARATION TIME 30 minutes
COOKING TIME 1 hour
- 200g sausage
- 360g Goio rice DOP
- 300dl Barbera wine
- 100g butter
- 1l vegetable stock
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In two different saucepans, bring wine and vegetable stock to the boil.
- After cutting the sausage into pieces, sauté it with a knob of butter.
- Then place rice into the pan with the sausage and toast it; simmer with a bit of boiling wine and let it evaporate.
- Continue cooking. Pour into the stock and season with salt.
- When halfway through cooking time, add red wine.
- Once cooked, mix risotto with butter and Parmesan cheese until creamy and then serve.