This article is also available in: Italian
PREPARATION TIME 15 minutes
COOKING TIME 40 minutes
- 8 red mullet fillets
- 2 garlic cloves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 300 g shelled fava beans
- 50 gr white Primo Sale cheese
- Carefully wash the red mullets. Add salt, sprinkle parsley and some oil. Let rest for about ten minutes in the fridge.
- Shell the fava beans and blanch in boiling water for about 30 minutes. Drain under cold running water and then blend with some oil and a glass of water using an immersion blender; season with salt.
- Cook the red mullet fillets in a pan with oil and garlic, starting from the side with the skin on. Turn them gently and repeat the procedure for a couple of times. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, spread a tablespoon of fava beans cream, place over 2 red mullet fillets and complete the dish with some white Primo Sale flakes.
It is possible to cook the red mullet fillets in the oven. Place them into a baking pan with oil, salt and pepper and cook at 180°C for about 10 minutes.