This paccheri pasta recipe is so inviting…perfect for a chilly evening!
This baked pasta with pumpkin, parmesan and fried leeks is a delicious, creamy and crunchy dish.
- 24 paccheri lisci
- 400g ricotta cheese
- 700g pumpkin
- 1 shallot
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 leek
- 200ml seed oil
- Parmesan cream
- 500ml milk
- 50g butter
- 50g all-purpose flour
- 180g grated Parmesan cheese
Cook paccheri in a large pot of boiling salted water and drain when still firm to the bite. Place in a colander under cold running water to stop the cooking.
Cut the pumpkin into chunks. Cook with the shallot and oil for 20 minutes.
Press the pumpkin into a bowl and combine with ricotta cheese, adding gradually some salt.
- Fill your paccheri with the mixture using a pastry bag. Place over a tray covered with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on the pasta and add some pieces of butter.
- Cook at 200°C for 15 minutes, until golden.
- Meanwhile, start preparing the Parmesan cream. Heat milk, but avoid boiling. Melt butter in a small pot.
- Add flour and whisk well. Pour warm milk into the mixture and keep mixing to prevent lumps. Let it thicken, while mixing, over low heat.
- Remove from heat and add grated Parmesan cheese. Stir quickly to melt the cheese. To control the thickness of the cream, cook it for a shorter time.
- Cut the leek into julienne strips. Heat oil in a small pot and fry for 1 minute.